The primary research of the Micro Systems & Manufacturing Lab (MSML) focuses on the study of advanced multi-scale manufacturing, experimental microfluidics and optical measurements, and transport phenomena as related to micro/nano-systems for bio-medical/analytical applications. This lab also involves with undergraduate and graduate courses: MFGE 4363 Concurrent Process Engineering and MFGE 5336 Multiscale Manufacturing.
Equipment available in this lab includes:
- Inverted microscope equipped with a high speed camera
- Contact angle measurement system (FTA Falcon Series)
- Oxygen plasma cleaner (Harrick Plasma)
- Syringe pumps and inspection camera
- UV exposure system (single pole UV LED and ELO-500 @Electro-Lite)
- Electric weight scale, convection oven, chemical desiccator, ultra sonicator, and vortex mixer