Our mission is:
To provide an excellent and innovative education setting to our students so they can learn and discover how complex systems work better. The IE program strives to maintain a comprehensive curriculum that enables students to become leading engineers and/or creative researchers in the global marketplace and/or in graduate studies. The program seeks to collaborate with private and public sectors in the search of methodologies and creative solutions to problems that contribute to the advancement of education, technology, and professional development. Through plans and activities that search to embrace a student population of strong diversity, the program attempts to be a significant provider of global workforce.
Within 3-5 years after graduation, graduates of our IE program are expected to be able to attain the following educational objectives:
- Perform as industry leaders in the global marketplace, capable of successfully planning, controlling, and implementing large-scale projects.
- Understand and apply the principles of science, technology, engineering, and math involving industry-relevant problems.
- Contribute to the proftable growth of industrial economic sectors by using IE analytical tools, effective computational approaches, and systems thinking methodologies.
- Maintain high standards of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Work effectively in diverse, multicultural environments emphasizing the application of teamwork and communication skills.
- Practice life-long learning to sustain technical currency and excellence throughout one's career. Promote the profession and its benefits to society.
Each graduate is expected to have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to design, develop, implement, and improve integrated systems that include people, materials, information, equipment, and energy and to accomplish the integration of systems using appropriate analytical, computational, and experimental practices.