What is IISE National?
IISE National is the world’s largest professional society dedicated solely to the support of the industrial engineering profession and individuals involved with improving quality and productivity. Founded in 1948, IISE National is an international, nonprofit association that provides leadership for the application, education, training, research, and development of industrial engineering.
IISE's official definition of Industrial Enginnering:
Industrial engineering is concerned with the design, improvement and installation of integrated systems of people, materials, information, equipment and energy. It draws upon specialized knowledge and skill in the mathematical, physical, and social sciences together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design, to specify, predict, and evaluate the results to be obtained from such systems.
- The leading provider of cutting-edge continuing education in industrial engineering.
- The acknowledged source of productivity improvement information via the Internet, publications, and live events, including an annual conference, topical conferences, and technical seminars.
- An invaluable source of member benefits that include a magazine, professional development programs, an online career center, networking communities, chapters, and affinity programs that save members time and money.
- The only association that supports the profession of industrial engineering and promotes an increased awareness of the value of industrial engineers.
- The only association that supports accredited industrial engineering programs through the ABET Inc.
What are the benefits to me as a student?
Student members are entitled to all the benefits of membership and may vote in chapter, society and division elections only. They may hold any student chapter office as well as any society or division office except the most senior office of that group. To qualify, an individual must be enrolled as a full-time student as defined by their college or university.
Student Memberships are $37 compared to Professional Memberships of $154/year.
- Your membership includes a subscription to Industrial Engineer, IISE’s award-winning magazine.
- Reduced member pricing for peer-reviewed journals including IISE Transactions
- IISE Blogs covering a wide variety of industry topics.
- IISE Knowledge Center – Thousands of case studies, newsletters, industrial engineering terminology, webinars and archived technical articles to get help with real issues from industry experts
- Conferences and seminars including the IISE Annual Conference at a significant discount
- Online member directory to find colleagues and subject matter experts
- Social networking through LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Join a society or division and connect with peers in your specific industry or discipline
- Join a student chapter and meet those who live and work near you
- IISE Training Center – special access to discounted training, continuing education and professional development
- Career Center access
- Free access to webinars throughout the year
- Significant discounts on IISE training and conferences
- Voting Rights – All membership levels (except students) may vote in IISE elections
- Opportunities to hold an IISE leadership office
- Awards acknowledging technical and professional achievements
- Volunteer opportunities – Volunteer to work a single day of a conference, take on a three-year commitment to serve on IISE’s Board of Trustees, or anything in between. These opportunities broaden your leadership experience and are valuable additions to your resume.
- Auto and home insurance
- CDs and money markets
- IISE WorldPoints MasterCard
- Life, health, accident and dental insurance
- UPS overnight shipping discount
- Allied Moving Benefits
For more details on benefits, please visit IISE Benefits
How do I become an IISE National Member? (Student Membership)
Follow the following steps to register for a student membership:
1. Click on this link: New Membership
2. Select "Texas State University" student chapter
3. Enter the following information for the Faculty Advisor:
a. Name: Dr. Rosario Rosas-Vega
b. Email: email@example.com
4. Click "Submit"
5. Fill out personal, promotional, and payment information as instructed.
How do I re-new my membership?
1. Click on this link: IISE Membership
2. Login to your IISE account
3. Under Membership, click renew membership
4. Check and update all information
5. Click submit
6. Follow instructions on page
For general questions regarding IISE National Membership, you may contact the Texas State Chapter at IISE.firstname.lastname@example.org