Dr. Togay Ozbakkaloglu
- Ph.D., Structural Engineering, University of Ottawa, Canada, 2005
- B.Sc., Civil Engineering, Istanbul Technical University,1998
- Use of advanced composite materials in design, repair, and strengthening of structures to enhance resilience and sustainability of civil infrastructure.
- Development of resilient and sustainable composite structural systems incorporating bio- and waste-based materials.
- Development of sustainable waste-based structural concretes using recycled materials.
- Design of structures for improved resilience against earthquakes and other extreme events.
- Behavior and design of high-performance fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP)–concrete composite columns.
- Experimental testing of concrete and composite structures and their components.
- Application of artificial intelligence-based computation techniques for analysis and optimisation of structures and their components.
- Development and structural applications of smart and high-performance infrastructure materials, such as shape memory alloy-confined concretes and concretes incorporating fibers, nanoparticles, and graphene.
- Constitutive and finite element modelling of concrete under lateral confinement