Skip to Content

MS Engineering Credit Transfer Request Form

This form is for the Master of Science, Major in Engineering program in the Ingram School of Engineering. Use this form only if you would like to request transfer of credit for a graduate course taken at another, regionally accredited university. The Graduate College policies and guidelines regarding transfer of credit are provided at

Your request will first be reviewed by the Ingram School of Engineering. If it is deemed acceptable, the Graduate Advisor will then send a recommendation to the Dean of the Graduate College for final approval.  Only if the Dean approves, will the requested transfer of credit be applied towards your MS Engineering degree.  Any transferred course(s) will not be included in the MS Engineering GPA calculation.

Course Information

Justification for Request

Please explain why you think the course completed at a transfer institution should count for a Texas State course.  

Also, please make sure to attach sufficient documentation to support your case.  Examples of such documentation would include a course syllabus, course catalog description, details of book used, etc.

Attach your Transcript

Attach a copy of your transcript from the transfer institution. Credit transfer will be accepted only it if bears a letter grade of "B" or higher. Request the Registrar of the transfer institution to send your official transcript to the Graduate College either electronically, or by mail in a sealed university envelope. See for detailed instructions.