Program Educational Objectives
The following educational objectives were established for the new Civil Engineering program in consultation with an advisory Task Group. With establishment of an Industrial Advisory Council (IAC), the educational objectives will be regularly reviewed and approved by the IAC.
- Graduates shall enter into civil engineering practice, graduate studies, or another professional career.
- Graduates shall contribute to the implementation of SMART and Internet of Things (IoT) technology in their professional work.
- Graduates shall communicate professionally and effectively in technical and non-technical settings.
- Graduates shall maintain high standards of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Graduates shall advance professionally through graduate and continuing education opportunities.
- Graduates shall serve as leaders in the community and within the profession.
- Graduates shall become licensed Professional Engineers.